Food fibres for meat and meat products
JELUCEL® food fibres improve the product characteristics of meat and meat products due to their multi-functional properties.
Depending on the product category and objective, different JELUCEL® food fibres can be used. The traditional additive cellulose powder enhances the product’s water retention capacity, texture and moisture dispersion. Our plant fibres JELUCEL® BF, JELUCEL® WF and JELUCEL® OF are characterised by convincing nutritional properties.
- Prevention of liquid from leaking out of fresh meat packed in portions
- Liquid retention even when cooking at high temperatures
- Augmentation of fibre content to a total content of more than 3%
- Reduced caloric value
- Support of natural meat texture
- Increased heat-stable yield in meat products incorporating cooked meat
- Shortened maturing time and increased yield for salami
- Emulsification support
- Reduced shrinkage
The individual applications must comply with the food regulations of the respective country in which the end products are marketed, and must in particular cases be evaluated by experts.